Royal Reach comprises of the principles and strategies for our outreach events to share and connect the message of Jesus Christ with our communities.
The Royal City Corporate Soul Winning Principles
- Bringing kingdom governance to our neighbourhood and our communities by providing Christian education.
- Attending to the prayer requests/needs of our neighbourhood through the ‘Beautiful Gate’ Project.
- Prioritising ministry to people in the community.
- Providing pastoral care for our immediate communities through The ‘Local Pastoring Model’ or ‘Neighbourhood Pastoring Model’.
- Securing confidence in the Church through excellence in our service to the public.
- Providing Church services to our communities in their mother tongue.
- Planting Churches in Kent, outside Kent and outside of the UK.
The Royal City Personal Soul Winning Principles
Principle 1: Show yourself friendly –Proverbs18:24 says, “A man who has friends must himself be friendly,But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (NKJV)
Principle 2: Be willing to mix with those who are not saved or who do not know Jesus Christ. Try to attend their social gatherings when you are invited.
Principle 3: Ditch your ‘holier than thou attitude’ – Don’t try to impress your friends with a “I’m more holy than you” attitude. Unbelievers strongly do not like it when we act this way.
Principle 4: Accept our friends who are not saved as they are. That does not mean we agree with or accept the things they do or the way they live.
Principle 5: Love your friends unconditionally, “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” Romans 5:8 (NLT). Try to show them God’s love that is without condition, by your love that is without condition.
Principle 6: Look out for unmet needs. Look out for needs in their lives that are not met and try to help them to meet these needs.
Principle 7: Share your testimony. Share with your friends what Christ has done in your life and what He means to you; Discern an appropriate time to share your testimony. This is an indirect way to win your friend to Christ.
Strategies for reaching our communities with the message of Jesus Christ include:
Operation 7Oaks for Jesus(Operation 7-4-J)
Making disciples at all costs using every available voice in our local community.
Spiritual mapping and praying over Sevenoaks and environs.
The wards in Sevenoaks are:
- St Johns
The neighbouring towns and villages to Sevenoaks include:
- Dutton Green
- Borough Green
- Godden Green
- West Kingsdown
Other strategies we have deployed to reach our communities (both local and beyond) with the message of Jesus Christ include: